Effective from 28th November 2018
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you when you use our platforms. This includes:
- Information you give us. We may collect information you give us such as your account information (like your name or email address), information you upload to our platforms (like where your Goodnature trap is located), or information you send us (like any questions you have).
- Information we collect automatically. We may automatically collect information about you when you use our platforms (for example, the pages you click on, how and when you navigate around our platforms, and your IP address). If you use our website we may collect information about you through cookies (small text files stored on your device via your browser), which we anonymise so you can’t be identified. Most browsers also allow you to disable cookies (although this may limit your ability to use our website).
- Information we receive from third parties. We may collect your personal information from third parties, such as information about you that others give us with your permission or in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Help you with our products or your account. For example, we may use your information to set up your account, to help you use our platforms or products, and to respond to any issues or questions you have.
- Help provide and improve the platforms and our products. This includes to help us to fix, plan, or maintain our network of Goodnature traps, to upgrade, optimise, personalise or improve our platforms, to understand our users, and to research and develop our products (including through our use of analytics and aggregated insights).
- Present your personal information to other users, with your permission. For example, we may present information about your Goodnature trap to others (such as your friends or family) if you have chosen to share this information.
- Create and publish aggregated and anonymous insights about our products, platforms and users. For example, we may publish aggregated location data on a map showing the approximate location of Goodnature traps and the effectiveness or success of Goodnature traps. This location data will not include any personal information.
- Comply with law, protect our users and exercise our rights. This may include using your personal information to help us comply with applicable laws (in New Zealand or overseas), to prevent fraud, security intrusions or misuse of our platforms, to protect our users, and to exercise and enforce our contractual or other legal rights.
- Send you promotional material or advertising. This may include telling you about any competitions, promotions or updates connected with our products or platforms, and for the purpose of sending you advertising. However, we only want to contact you if you want to hear from us. You can opt out of receiving promotional information at any time, although we may still send you information relating to your account, relationship with us or use of the platform.
Who can we share your information with?
We may share your personal information:
- With our agents. We may disclose your information to our professional advisors or others who have a reasonable need to access your information for any of the purposes described above (including if we ever need to seek investment or sell our business).
- With our service providers. We may disclose your information to, for example, our contractors or third parties that help us provide the platforms or our products (who may be based in New Zealand or overseas).
- With others to facilitate legal processes, to protect our users, and to exercise our legal rights. We may disclose your personal information to others if we reasonably believe disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with law, for law enforcement purposes (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities), to facilitate court proceedings, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect our business, our users, or others.
- Where authorised by you or otherwise permitted. We may disclose your personal information to third parties as instructed by you or where otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993.
When we share your personal information with a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party will protect your personal information at a level equivalent to us.
How do we store and protect your information?
We care about the security of your personal information and will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe. In particular:
- Safeguards: We will use reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and from misuse, interference or loss.
- Limited use: Unless we need to keep your information to comply with laws, we will only hold your personal information for as long as we reasonably need it based on the purposes for which it was collected. If you close your account, we will delete your personal information from the App.
What other things are important?
There are some other things it’s important you understand:
What do the terms in this policy mean?
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual (as defined in the Privacy Act 1993), including you;
- “platform” means the Goodnature website or the Goodnature Chirp app;
- “product” means goods or services provided by Goodnature (including Goodnature traps and related goods and services);
- “you” and “your” refers to an individual who uses one of our platforms; and
- “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to Goodnature Limited.